Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Sister's Love - A Bond that Can't Be Broken

I'm not sure if I have ever talked to you all about my sister. It's amazing that I haven't up until now, for she is part of the reason why I am who I am. One part of my back bone, as she is referred to in private, that helps keeps my head up and grounded when needed. A women who knows AND loves the Lord, committed to the excellency of our youth and someone I can truly call my best friend.

For those who don't know, my sister is actually "my lil sis
"...the one I always refer to in my tweets, etc. While there is a five year difference in age, she is one of the most mature women I admire. As all of us have, she has been victim of adversary and heartache, but instead of wallowing in her self pity, she pulled herself up by her boot straps and pressed on, giving all the glory to God and seeking him first before everything. Because of her dedication and determination in her professional and personal life, she continues to be blessed AND also serve as a huge blessing for many.

Below are some pictures of my sister and I:



This is our "celebrity out and about...paparazzi caught us" picture....lmbo....don't ask...lol



This is by far one of my favorite pictures of us. We were out to dinner with friends and randomly had a photo opt.


Who would've known then that these pictures would turn out to mean so much to me and also show the love that we have as sisters (a bond that can not be broken). Today I celebrate my sister....someone who has helped me through so much and mean the world to me. If you have siblings, tell them you love them and/or reach out to them. I assure you that not only would they appreciate it, but you will feel so much better as well.

The orAKAle has spoken......



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you and your sister have such a bond!!

    ReplyDelete