Monday, June 8, 2009

Weighing in on a few subjects......

I'm so proud of myself right now family. I said that I was going to attempt to blog once a week (not once every time I rember) to document my successes, failures and hopefully speak to current trends or affairs in our wonderful world. Today I wanted to comment on a few subjects or give snippets of how I am feeling this morning. Again, these are random thoughts that I am having (as usual), but I feel that there is definitely some truth to them all:


When it Rain, it pours - it is looking gloomy outside. In Missouri, we woke up to loud thunder (literally over my room) and lots of rain...that was noisey. I mean really mother nature, is it really that serious? Can I not go back to sleep now (keeping in mind I was suppose to be up at 5:30 am anyway to work out)? Lol. I'm so over this June weather people. Maybe July will be better.


The American Sentencing - for those of you who have been living under a rock for the past few weeks, two American journalist (Laura Ling and Euna Lee) were sentenced to 12 years of labor in a in North Korea. I think it is very imporatant that this sort of news gets to the people and that we stay abreast of the findings. Why, because we as people take our freedoms for granted (at times). We have two individuals who wanted to expose human trafficing and how it effects us all. They are true examples of bravery and justice for all. This situation has really inspired me to speak up for what I know is right and to be apart of the solution not the problem.


Lady GaGa - Have you heard of her? Perez Hilton loves this young superstar. She is being called the new Madonna.....not sure if I would go that far, but I do think she is talented. Once you get past the house music/pop sound, the girl has a very powerful voice. Sing off, who would win Lady Ga Ga or Bey? Lol. I absolutely love that Po Po Po Po Poker Face song...random I know....moving on....


Taste of Chicago here I come - This year I am fortunate to be able to attend the Taste of Chicago this month. I've only been once and it was literally at the end of the celebration...so I missed out on the majority of the performances. This is an event that people from all over speak about and honestly, I want to know what the big hype is about. My only concern is I'm curious to how pescitarian (fish and seafood only) friendly this event is, considering I'm allergic to seafood :(


Missing in Action (MIA) - The following artist have officially had an APB put on on them (because I want them back)...because seriously I am concerned about them:

~ Guy
~ Blackstreet
*** NEWS FLASH - The above two are back together and are touring the country***
~ Boys to Men
~ Ice Cube
~ Janet Jackson
~ Tamia
~ Usher
~ Vivian Green (girl I really miss you)

Hair update - So I recenlty allowed my lovely sister (see previous post) "experiment" with some braids on me. After having these "braids" for about 6 weeks, I ready to take them out (early I know). I recently tried a new technique for doing a twist out set that turned out really good. I absolutely love my hair...don't know why it took me so long to go natural. I will say that its a days journey though. I must admit that I did not set myself up for realistic expectations with my hair texture...but in the end I love my hair....short...nappy and silky. Lol. The lesson is to love yourself for who YOU are and the way GOD made you. We were created in his image. Who are we to alter that?

Below is are pictures of both my braiding and my TWA.



3 comments:

  1. " The lesson is to love yourself for who YOU are and the way GOD made you. We were created in his image. Who are we to alter that?"

    I love that you said that. It is the best way to approach the natural journey.

    It's my attitude too!
    Check out my hair story, I think you'll like it!
    http://sheabutterlove.blogspot.com
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ first I never paid any attention to Lady Gaga. Now, for no reason, I catch myself singing "Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read a my poker face."


    I agree w/ the M.I.A. list of celebs. If Maxwell had not come out w/ new music, I definitely would've added him to the list, but I WILL put out a bulletin for his hair. I miss the wild fro!!!

    ReplyDelete