Thursday, January 15, 2009

In MY head...stuff I think about

Let me first say that this post is not being posted to demean or attack anyone. In no way am I referring to anyone one person in my life (professional or personal). I just have some questions /thoughts on my mind to speak on.....

Part of the purpose of me starting my blog was to share some of the thoughts going on in the orAKAle's head. I must admit that I had some reservations about even posting on this subject for it would give you the readers more insight into who I really am. But as always, with encouragement from those who care about me, I was moved to do so today.

Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of frustrations with my professional and personal life. These frustrations have been in the form of people, projects, personal disappointments, etc. In my young age, I've learned that we can be our hardest critic when it comes to personal achievement and success. Because of this, I really do try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I know that this world is filled with different people and we should be more open to being accepting and understanding of others (and those we interact with)....but....

How do you distinguish between being taken advantage of and giving people a chance?

When do we stop using our age as an excuse for not keeping our word?


When does age become a factor in sloppiness, selfishness, forgetfulness, etc?

How much does your home life REALLY effect the job performance you are paid for?

Where does the line between work and play get drawn?

When do WE stop playing the blame game and start taking responsibility for our own actions?

Can we control our own destiny?

Does everyone have the same opportunity as others?


(get where I am going with this?)

I know your probably thinking that the above questions are all over the place (and you would be right lol ), but the goal is to get you all inside of my head and what I think about sometimes on a daily basis. Does it have to be this difficult or deep...no...but due to my daily interactions (especially professionally) I have to ponder these questions, which ultimately lead me into wanting answers.

See I am not only a very visual person, but I also have a tendency to overall analyze situations (and that can be positive or negative depending on how you look at it). Doing this leads me to frustrating situations and/or "sweating the small stuff" (random comment - if you haven't added this book to your bookshelf, I highly recommend it. Great read!) through out the day. One of my goals for this year was to not do this as much for it is not healthy AND you can miss out on a lot going on around you...for we all know that life is to short to give others or circumstances the POWER to control your destiny/future.

So what do you all think? Am I over analyzing, or do I just need to find other ways of relieving my frustrations so they don't manifest into bigger (and sometimes health) issues? Comments are greatly appreciated family!

The orAKAle has spoken.......

1 comment:

  1. Soror, this was a good read. I was feeling like this the day I did noy kind vs. weak blog.

    ReplyDelete