Friday, January 29, 2010

"Holy Grail" Hair Day #2

Good Friday morning family!

Yes I know what you're thinking..."two post in one week...something must be up". Lol. YES SOMETHING IS UP...I had yet another "holy grail" like day with my hair this morning. Plus I was totally feeling myself as well (cue top model photo in 3 2 ----------------->).

Before I go into the toiling details of how I got this lovely style, I think today is a good lesson for all us women (natural or not...for I have diversity on my blog). You have to love yourself first before anyone else can. While others may see you as being full of yourself, now and then we need to look in the mirror and compliment ourselves. I am a firm believer that we need to speak over our lives and speak positiveness over ourselves and those we love (as well). God created us in his image....remember that.

Considering I am marking this post as my second ever "holy grail" hair day, of course I had to share with my blog family. You all are the reason I keep going with my hair....lol....no seriously. As for the routine, its the same as always. KBB's products are always used and I style once a week and utilize protective styling techniques to keep the hair moisturized and healthy in these cold months. To read about the products I use, click here and for my current routine, click here. I keep saying I am going to post my current regimen...but to be honest with you, it has changed since the above posting. I am using the same products that I've always used and I continue to sleep with a satin cap; along with be diligent in staying out of my hair on a day to day basis. Lol.

I absolutely love this clip in my head. To match it, I also purchased some dangling earrings (shown in pic) and a "blinged out" wanna ring. Family I have been trying for at least 6 months to properly install and rock this clip correctly. If I could not get the hair in the actual clip, it was lop sided, sticking out or just fall the heck out. I mean the list goes on and on with the drama I was having with this hair candy. WELL, clearly today was my day because as you will see it actually is in the right place AND so far it hasn't fallen out of my head (while in the middle of a meeting or presenting). I love the front side pull and clip look. With my type of hair (4A/B), to me its a real cute after 5 and professional look. I hope you all will think the same.
Enough talk, below are the pictures. Please share your thoughts......


( I finally got that darn sparkly clip on the side of my head CORRECTLY...baby steps family..lol)


(the softer side of Silky....)




3 comments:

  1. it does look prof. i have yet to get any real hair accessories tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and the placement is definitely on point. I like the profile picture. And yes this has some sophisticate funk going on. I can't wait to this hair of mine gets to the point where i have more options.

    ReplyDelete