Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Twist N Curl"...the Silky Way

Greetings from Silky's world family! How was the weekend? Mine was a long and restful one. My vacation almost took me out, but I survived. Pictures from France will be forthcoming soon (FYI).

Today I need your assistance. I recently did a "twist n curl" and to be frank...I'm not to thrilled with the results. This will be the third attempt in this style, but something s
till isn't right. Now I am not one of those people who looks at other's results (of hair styles) and expect mine to look the same....thats not me. BUT I at least expect to like the results of my 4A/B hair. Lol. Below is step by step of what I did:

~ Cleansed hair with KBB's Conditioning Shampoo
~ Deep Treatment with KBB's Deep Conditioner (left that on.....for at least 45 minutes...started cleaning and cooking and lost track of time honestly...lol)
~ Rinsed and detangled with KBB's Hair Milk (loves this stuff)
~ Parted hair accordingly, twisted with KBB's Hair Cream and set on perm rodes.
~ Lastly I sealed the hair (and especially ends) with my shea butter, coconut and olive oil concoction.

Upon taking out the rodes and styling the hair, coils were very soft and manageable...but I am just not pleased (persay) with how it looks. I tried my best to make sure I twisted and rolled each section the same way. Below are pics of my results family. The top two are the first attempt and the second two are my final results. After awhile, I just gave up. Lol. The back shot is really good...which lets me know that it looks moisterized and bouncy...from the back. The front look is not what I was trying to create.

My hair still had separations from the twists...had a hard time getting rid of the scalp, etc....its was too much drama for 6 am in the morning. So what am I doing wrong my experienced natural divas? Any tips to offer to this naturalista?



1 comment:

  1. I think your hair looks great. Did you go under a hooded dryer on medium heat, will help the style to set and give it more sheen and stretch. Sometimes I roll my hair first and go under a dryer for stretching and sheen purpose.

    Other good products are My Honey Child Type 4 and Miss Jessie's Curly Muringue and curly butter cream.

    You look great though.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete