Monday, November 9, 2009

All Twisted UP (current hair style)

As promised, below are pictures of my hair after taking my braids out. For those of you who may not remember, I wore a set of GORGEOUS braids fof about 2 1/2 months. Click here to see the results. I have never received so many compliments in my life on my hair, then when I had those braids. Definitely will be getting some again soon!

After the detangling fiasco of 2009 (lol) from removing those
braids, I decided to do a protective style for the month of November and December. I must admit, I freaked out a little when cleansing my hair after having it braided up. I think the issues was the products I use. Luckily I had some of my staple products Karen's Body Beautiful handy to hook me up (look for a future post on my current hair regimen and products I use).

Take a look at the below pics and tell me what you think. The first 3 are of a wet twist set.

I usually wear this style for 1-2 weeks (depending on my schedule), cleansing the the scalp with Sea Breeze. It helps to keep the hair clean so I can wear them longer. So after wards, I untwist my head to get the below (please note no make up so no comments):

I'm so excited with my progress. My hair is growing faster than I anticipated and in great shape. Officially, I'm 17 months chemical free and 14 months ALL NATURAL. As always, I take criticism and suggestions. Tell me what you think all!


The orAKAle has spoken........

4 comments:

  1. In this post, my stylist did it. I go see her at least once a month to make sure my hair is still in tack. Lol.

    My lil sis usually does the twisting for me in between time...you know I'm still learning...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Soror love the twists. I just started experimenting with my natural hair. Haven't worn it out for real. But I've decided to try. This is only my 2nd try but I've been using different prodcuts, Youtube'ing, I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lovely with or without makeup. And your hair looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete