Friday, October 9, 2009

Healthy Living Habits

For those of you who have been following me for some time now, know that I have been threw several transformations in my life. Whether it be professionally, personally, spiritually, mentally and physically, all have been for the greater good of me and the purpose God has instore for me.

I get many comments and questions about "what am I doing" to feel so great DAILY, to look so healthy or "good" and to stay motivated even in trying times (in life, at work, etc). Every time I run off a list (sometimes the same, sometimes different) of different things I"ve done in my life to become more positive productive in my daily life. Due to this, I present to you the orAKAle's list of healthy living habits (please note that these are not in any order what so ever):

Man in the Mirror - you need to first and foremost look at that person in your mirror (that's you) and have a heart to heart talk. We are our worst critics, so if you are not on YOUR TEAM...who will be....

God Has First Place - As a Christian, I believe that God and his teachings (the bible) is my foundation. Therefore he gets all glory everyday and all day. I start my day off with mediation and prayer and end my day the same.

Daily Bible Study - the current program that I am on now involved reading and study at least 30 minutes a day. This is now habit for me, to the point that if I don't give God his time, I feel incomplete. It helps to keep me grounded and focused.

6-8 Hours of Sleep/DAY - I am a firm believer in getting your daily rest. While I don't think you need 8 hours (because I get between 7-7.5 hrs a night) daily to get the job done, I do think you need more than 6. Use your discretion on this one.

PUSH THE WATER - Family, I get OVER 64 ounces of water a day...yes that is over 8 servings of water that enters my body on a regular basis. I'm constantly getting compliments on how physically fit I look, how well rested my eyes look and how clear and smooth my skin looks....and my answer is ALWAYS (first) how much water I drink. For more information on how water contributes to healthy living, take a look at my former posts to the left.

Baggage No More - Like most of us, we are caring around baggage from the past or even the present. I decided to get rid of the baggage (or fat) in my life. I reevaluated my friendships, my daily relationships, the way I viewed myself and all other aspects of my life.

Speak It Into Existence - One of my good friends taught me that if you are not cheering for yourself, then how can you expect anyone else to. As simple as it sounds, I was speaking negatives words over me. While we make jokes here and there, I was doing it way to often, and actually had those around me call me out on it. See I believe that we have to speak positive words over our lives. The tongue is a powerful thing and the bible talks about being careful of what you say over yourself also how your thoughts can manifest into words and then reality.

Get Up, Get Out and Get Moving - While it took me awhile to get here, I work out between 4-6 days a week. My weekly work out regimen depends on the waves of my life. As someone who travels a lot, its hard to stick to a particular work out regimen. So, I get creative to get moving daily/weekly. I believe exerting energy helps with stress level and helps to put you in a positive mood to tackle the world.

Vitamins and Supplements - I take a daily multivitamin twice a day to make sure that I get all the necessary nutrients my body type needs. Also, I take B12 to help with stress and a Biotin tablet that assist in hair, nail and skin development. I also drink 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar a day to help with daily digestion with my body.

To read more about my weight loss journey and tips for daily health advice, take a look at my blog "Weighing In On Health" here on blogspot.


The orAKAle has spoken........

2 comments:

  1. *applause!* I LOVE this post Soror!!! As I approach the big 3-0, I too am ready for a transformation. This list is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love Soror. I've learned so much since I was 20....ALL the baggage must go and change has to happen holistically. Glad it blessed you!

    ReplyDelete