Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fasting to Clear My Body

For those of you who have been following my weight loss journey on my "Weighing In On Healhty" blog, the Get Fit 4 Christ program is coming to a close. To keep up with the progress I've made with my health and specifically eating, I've decided to do a food fast for the next 4 days. I actually have a few individuals who are doing it with me and others interested specifically on what it entails. I've included the plan below:

+ Grilled chicken or tuna (this is totally plain protein. NO SEASONING OR SAUCES)

+ Cucumber (eat it how ever you want as long as its NOT SEASONED)

+ Water (of course)

+ 1-2 teaspoon of ACV (if you find yourself getting light headed, reduce it even more
)

Thanks to one of my lovely Sorors for passing on this plan to me. She use to be an NFL cheerleader and use to do this type of fast to drop water weight quick and to jump start her body to eating CLEAN foods.

I plan to do this fasting plan until Wednesday, October 14th at noon. After that, I will be pushing the protein, veggies and fruit and limiting my carbohydrate intake to 40 grams/day. The ultimate goal is to reduce that number to 30 grams/day but I must take baby steps. Lol. Whose going to join us? Remember, you can ONLY EAT the foods above for the next 4 days (for I started today). You can eat as much as you want as well family....so chow down.

As for exercise (and yes you still have to get moving), the work out plan can be of your choice, but for me I plan to walk/jog at least 3 days of the 4 day fast. I know my body and how I work, and limiting myself to only these foods will be tough initially on me. I can't over exert myself to much for my body won't have enough food essentials to burn. BUT I do plan to keep moving. Lol.

What am I trying to accomplish....dropping 5lbs by this coming Friday, clearing out my system and restarting my eating plan. I'm excited for Paris is winding down and its time to get serious.

Be blessed family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment