Monday, September 21, 2009

Naturally Silky - update on skin care

As promised, I wanted to give you an update on my skin care regimen. If you recall in my post "Adult Acne...The Unspoken (but livable) Plague" I spoke on some of the struggles I've had with acne and also included my skin regimen. For the most part, my daily facial regimen is the same EXCEPT I've add the St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the mix. I use this treatment on the face at least 3x/week. It helps to exfoliate the skin and leaves it soft, clean but not dry.

Below are some face pictures of myself without my airbrushing (lol). Family, I am really opening myself up to you all for I usually NEVER take pictures without my make up. I made a promise to show you all what I look like, but to also role model the positive behavior I want to promote...LOVING YOURSELF THE WAY GOD MADE YOU!!! Sure we are not perfect and have blemished here and there, but you are just the way you're suppose to be...made in the Lord's image. Hope you like the pics and please tell me what you think:

(as you can see, this is the same pic that is on my profile. I have a little gold eye shadow, but that is it. I used a Walgreens store bought sponge to reduce the natural shine on my face. If you look close, you can see some of the blemishes and breakouts that I was experiencing this past summer...it was horrible family)



(plain Jane....my daily look with no additions. this is a more recent pic. Many of the dark spots from this summer's break out have lightened up and disappeared. The Ambi works wonders)


One thing I forgot to mention before is that I take a Biotin supplement daily (1000 mg). Also I drink at least 64 ounzes of water daily (usually over that amount). I don't eat meat (accept fish - pescitarianism) and I work out a minimum of 5 days a week. My skin care regimen is directly related to my healthy living habits. It's all related!!

I also drink 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar a day as part of daily cleansing and my weight management program I am on. To learn more about what I do with this weight program, visit my journey blog at "Weighing In On Health".

The orAKAle has spoken.....................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment