Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Daily Bible Reading - IT REALLY WORKS

For those of you who may not already know, I have started a 40 wellness plan with a great trainder out of the St. Lous area. In the next 40 days, I will be required to do certain exercising daily, logging what I eat and reading the new testament. The goal is to get threw the ENTIRE new testamentby mid October. Also, there is a 5k he is preparing us to run as well.

Even though I just started reading (in detail) daily, I had already incorporated listening to the audio bible on itunes in the morning before work. Now, I am dedicating 20-30 minutes twice a day to the Lord's word and its making a difference. How you may ask....

+ Stories that were explained or told to me second hand are now making more sense
+ There are valuable lesson that I can now directly relate to my everyday life
+ The Word has become so much easier to read and comprehend, versus having to read over and over again (KJV)
+ I have a sense of purpose more now than ever before
+ I'm not afraid to witness
(the list can go on and on really...)

I say this to you family because everyone falls short. No human is perfect at all! While I never thought I was perfect, I sometimes put myself a little higher than the norm (lol). Hate to admit it, but I did not know what I was thinking and what I was missing out on. My example is Christ, and that is who I want to live my life like. ...and I am willing to spend my ENTIRE life striving to be just that.

If your interested in following my journey in this program, please take a look at my blog "Weighing In On Health" here on blogspot. I really hope you will follow it and also be encourage to become healthier, get up and get moving AND read the bible on a regular basis. I promise you it will change your life :)

The orAKAle has spoken......

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sound of this. Will be going over to your other blog ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love and I hope it helps you sista. Please tell me what you think and spread the word. This is not just a "hair blog" but one to inspire, converse and educate. thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making similar changes and I agree--reading the word daily has totally changed my life. I feel closer to God than I ever have before and my daily reading has changed my outlook on life and how I handle situations. Yay for positive life changes :)

    ReplyDelete