Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Words that Speak to the Heart


Hey Family! How have you been? Good I hope, cause I sure have been busy over here. Today's post is short, sweet and straight to the point. I'm dedicating this segment to one of my lovely and talented Sorors, Ms. Rachael (AKA Dr. Rae).

This is a young women to look for in the coming years.....whether its a book, movie or even live performances in a lounge near you. Lol. She has captured my thoughts in a s i ng le, yet moving poem posted on her blog --"Live, LOVE, and Laugh". If you get a chance, please check her out...the girl can write.

Below is one of my favorite poems to date from Dr. Rae. Read, reflect and most importantly LOVE family! Can you relate to the below spoken words...cause the orAKAle sure can......enjoy!



IS IT OKAY????


Is it okay that some days I’m not feeling myself?


Is it okay that some days I fear losing you?

Is it okay that some days I feel like I’m dreaming?

Is it okay that some days I don’t trust you?

Is it okay that some days I don’t feel I deserve your love?

Is it okay that I’m like this because of my past hurts?

Is it okay that you may have to work extra hard to get me to believe in us?

Tell me is it okay?

Is it okay that I think I’m in love with you?

Is it okay that I want to move away from my present to be in your presence?

Is it okay that I want to be with you?

Is it okay that I dream about you in the day and night?

Is it okay that I can see myself being your wife?

Tell me is it okay?

3 comments:

  1. WE are like soul sisters for real. I posted a spoken word piece today too! I guess great minds do think alike!

    I was wondering where you had been the past week or so...don't be disappearing like that!

    Glad you're still here in blog world.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, yeah I was gone for a minute. I was on vacation. I really need to post up some picks of my hair currently and my regimen...but I've been lazy. Lol. TBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thank you Soror! I'm so feeling the love!! Will you be my Publicist? LOL!! ;-) luv it, luv it!!

    ReplyDelete