Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Peferct Twist Out Set

Today I'm tooting my own horn, for I have come a long way with my twisting skills. Recently I did a twist out set (hair was lightly damp) that I am excited to report turned out PERFECTLY!!! Since going natural, I've struggled with developing the right technique for twisting my hair, along with determining the right products to use to maximize GOOD results. After much trial and error, I think I've found my staple regimen for doing the "perfect" twist out set!

As mentioned in a previous post, I cleansed and condition as usual (check out my regimen post here for details), then used my twisting concoction to seal the deal on the hair. Lol. Check out the pics below and tell me what you think:


I must admit, I am getting better and better with this, but my only issue is that it takes me so long to do. Honestly, I rather it take longer to twist my head, for it to turn out this nice. In keeping with positive vibes, this is also a sign (the length in time to twist) that my hair is growing. YIPPIE!!!!

Please note that I do not use any sort of polisher or finishing gloss on my hair after untwisting and styling. The shine you see is natural.

What you think family? The orAKAle has spoken......

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! It definitely came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Romney thanks so much. Its been a long time coming, but I still have ways to go. Really appreciate the love!

    ReplyDelete