Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Don't Do Me......No Really"

Disclaimer – This entry will be short and straight to the point. I apologize in advance for misspelled words and overall flow of the subject…but I got some stuff to get off my chest (a quick vent).

First let me start by saying that I am a very caring, nurturing and emotional person. Some would say that those traits are set backs, but I believe in taking how God made you and making the best of it (playing the cards you were dealt)….so with that being said, I really don’t like when people play on those traits to their benefit (because of their insecurities). What I’m saying is when people are inconsiderate and only think how they act, express their views, etc is law. Do I not have my own personality and opinions? Can they not be totally opposite of yours? If so, is that a bad thing or a good thing? Can’t I just do me…..and you do you?

The one thing that is great about this country is that we can have our own views and EXPRESS THEM. Whether others agree or not, we can still stand our own ground and HOPEFULLY not get persecuted (lol). While we are taught to practice some tact and to be tolerant (don’t really like that word) of others opinions and values, we don’t have to. I understand that not everyone will except me or my views or even agree with me…but a common respect should be practice (but we know that is not always the case).

A word to the wise (cause you never know who may be reading this)….be conscience of what you say to people, how you treat others and how others may interpret you. I know I am guilty of having to watch what I say and how others perceive me (and I’ve learned so much), so why in the world can’t others ATTEMPT to do the same (I know…a lofty wish huh…)? I am who I am because that is the way GOD made me…and I’m ok with that…….lol…..do you and IMMA DO ME!!

So what did we learn today kids: If you don’t like what someone has to say, either find a way to tell them (if you really feel strongly against the subject) or keep your mouth shut….period….paragraph.

The orAKAle has spoken…………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment