Thursday, February 26, 2009

Advice for the Day (AFTD)

Hello all. I first want to apologize for not posting in awhile. As I’m sure you many of you will agree, life has been a little overwhelming lately with all the things going on around us. But I must say, the recent current events in my life (personal, professional, etc) have taught me that I still must take time for myself and do the things I love. So with that being said, I came up with a new segment to the blog called “advice for the day”. The ultimate goal family is to bring forth some advice to everyone once in awhile that may be beneficial for either yourself or others you know. This may be due to experiences or something current in our society…who knows….but I will say this, it will NEVER be directed towards anyone personally (or I will try not too). So let’s begin…….today’s AFTD is:


“Either stick to your commitments people….or don’t make the commitment in the first place”


Don’t you hate it when people say they are going to do something….and never follow through? Or how about when you’ve counted on someone to assist you with something or participate in an activity (like in a group project, work related task. etc) and they don’t complete what they said they were going too? This urks me to the fullest extent. Why commit to complete something if you know dang on well you’re going to drop the ball? What is the point in opening your mouth in the first place and COMMITTING to the task, activity, project, etc?


For those of you who may be in school and require group participation for full completion of a course know exactly where I’m coming from. Lol. Don’t you hate when you spend the time to divvy out responsibilities (and we do this at work a lot as well) and that one person can’t ever seem to hold up their end of the bargain? Now you and/or the rest of the group have to deal with the consequences…all because this one person couldn’t be about their word……sad really.


See I am nicer than most people…give me some notice (heck even last minute at times) and I will adjust. I may even do your part this ONE time to get the task completed. Now when you start to repeat this behavior that is when I have a problem. Let’s be honest, we’ve all fallen short at least once…but on a regular basis….like that’s your reputation….oh no…unacceptable!


So….think long and hard about your commitment level because you never know who and what may be affected by your actions (or should I say lack thereof….)


The orAKAle has spoken…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment